Developing technology and changing worldviews can cause the feeling of loneliness in individuals to become stronger. Accordingly, individuals experiencing various problems can control or eliminate these disorders through psychotherapy.
Psychiatric diseases in general terms; They are diseases that occur due to biological, psychological, social or societal reasons and affect our emotions, thoughts and behaviors.
It affects men and women of all ages, ethnicities, and socio-economic levels. These disorders disrupt the way people feel, think and behave. It prevents them from performing their duties at work and school, and affects their relationships with friends and family.
In order to cope with such problems, applying to a psychiatrist or psychologist and seeing psychotherapy is beneficial in the progress of the person.
Psychotherapy is a treatment that involves the relationship between a therapist and a client. It can be used in the treatment of a wide variety of mental illnesses and emotional disorders. Psychotherapy;
- problems between spouses,
- Reducing anxiety and strain in environments such as work and school,
- Coping with major life changes such as divorce, loss of a loved one, and job loss
- Dealing with unhealthy behaviors such as irritability and passive-aggressive behavior
- Achieving personal adjustment in serious physical health problems such as diabetes, cancer and chronic pain,
- physical and sexual trauma,
- Sexual problems, whether caused by physical or mental reasons,
- some sleep problems
It can be useful in the treatment of many mental problems such as
- Anxiety Disorders: Obsessive compulsive disorder (obsessive compulsive disorder), phobias, panic disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, etc.
- Temperament Disorders: Depression etc.
- Addictions: Alcoholism, substance abuse and gambling addiction etc.
- Eating disorders: Anorexia and bulimia etc.
- Psychotherapy should also be applied in the treatment of personality disorders.
Psychotherapy is a method used not only in diseases but also in some difficulties and failures of life. Through psychotherapy, you learn, in a way, how you can take control of your life and how to deal with changing circumstances in healthy ways.